The ICPE 2022 Technical Support Team are hosting an orientation session at the end of the first day of the conference, following the Conference Welcome, Medal Talk and Keynote presentations. Join the Zoom and meet our brilliant technical team members to get support with any technical questions you have, or we welcome you to just pop in to say hello!
- Virtual Poster Platform – Post comments & questions
- Presenters – How to Share your Screen
Virtual Poster Platform – Post comments & questions
On this platform, grouped by day and time of day, is a box for each of the poster presentations, contributed talks streams, plenaries, keynotes, panel discussions and the ICPE Medal Award presentation.
Click the “Chat with Presenter” button to go to the Zoom room, which will open 5 minutes before the scheduled time.
Click the “Join the Discussion” button to open another window where you can post a comment or question for the presenter/s. You can use this function to ask presenters questions asynchronously, anytime throughout the conference.
Click the “Watch Presentation” button to see recordings of Zoom sessions. Recordings will be uploaded and available for viewing at the end of each day.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any issues or have any questions about Virtual Poster Platform.
How to Rename
In the emails you receive from email@example.com containing the Conference Program with links, you will also be given your individual Zoom ‘name’, which is a number followed by your name.
You can change your Zoom Display Name prior to joining a session. Sign into your Zoom account, select ‘Profile’ in the left menu, click on ‘Edit’ to the right of the next screen next to your name, and then type in your “number Name” combination into the ‘Display Name’ field. Click ‘Save’.
If you are using your phone and want to rename yourself before joining a Zoom session:
- Sign into your Zoom account
- To the right of the bottom menu, select “Settings”
- On the “Settings” screen, tap on your current name, which will open the “My Profile” screen
- On the “My Profile” screen, select “Display Name” to open the “Edit Name” screen
- On the “Edit Name” screen, type your number-name combination into the “Display Name” field
- Select “Save” on the top right of your screen
When you join a Zoom Webinar, if you aren’t already logged into Zoom, you will be asked to type in your assigned Zoom name. You can tick the “Remember my name for future meetings” to keep this name for the duration of ICPE2022.
Once you are already in a Zoom Webinar, you won’t be able to change your name. Only while in Zoom meetings.
If you are already in a Zoom Meeting (not applicable to Webinars) and need to change your name, there’s a few ways you can do this, depending on whether you are using a computer or phone.
On your desktop:
You can either click right click on your participant window, or click the three dots on the top righthand corner of your participant window, to select ‘Rename” on the dropdown menu, change your name in the window that opens, and click ‘Change’ to save your new name.
Another way to rename yourself while already in a Zoom Meeting session (not applicable to Webinars):
- Click “Participants” at the bottom of your screen
- A “Participants” box will open to the right of your screen. Hover your cursor over your name and select the three dots or the “More” option
- Select “Rename”
- Enter your number-name combination into the “Enter a new screen name” field
- Click “OK”
If you are using your phone
- Tap “Participants” (if you don’t see this option, tap your screen and it will appear)
- On the “Participants” screen, tap your name
- Select “Rename” and an “Enter a New Screen Name” box will appear
- Type your number-name combination into the field
- Tap “OK”
Technical Support – How to ask for help
If you are unable to log into a Zoom session, or are having other technical issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
During Webinars (Opening Ceremony, Plenaries, Panel Discussions and the Closing Ceremony), please use the ‘Q&A’ feature to ask ICPE TECH for support, if needed.
If you are logged into a Zoom Meeting session and require technical support, please send a direct message using the chat function, to the ICPE TECH person. There are a few ways you can do this.
Using the Zoom ‘Chat’ function:
- Select the ‘Chat’ icon in the bottom Zoom menu – a Chat window will open on your screen or to the right of your Zoom window
- Click the ‘Everyone’ button and select the ICPE TECH host from the dropdown menu
- Type your message and Enter
Using the Participants icon and list:
- Select the ‘Participants’ icon in the bottom Zoom menu – a list of Participants will open or appear to the right of your Zoom window
- Hover over the ICPE TECH participant and click ‘More’
- Select ‘Chat’ and send your message
If you are in a Breakout Zoom room and cannot see the ICPE TECH Support person in your Participants list:
- Select the “Ask for Help” icon in the bottom menu of your Zoom window (you will only see this icon if you are in a Breakout room, not in the main room)
- Select “Invite Host” on the pop-up window
- The Host (ICPE TECH) has been invited and will pop into your Breakout room when they can.
Posting Comments and asking questions via Chat
Throughout the Contributed Talk and Poster sessions, we encourage all participants to ask questions via the Zoom Chat function. Your questions will be addressed at the end of the session, after all talks have been presented, during the 15 to 20 minutes question and answer time (Q&A).
We ask that all participants Mute their microphone, unless it is their time to present or ask a question during the Q&A time at the end. We also ask that you wait until the Q&A time, after all the talks, to use the “Raise Hand” function.
Use the Chat function in the bottom menu of your Zoom window, to post comments and questions during sessions.
You can also select the “Raise Hand” option if you would like to ask your question live, during the Q&A time. When the Chair calls on you to ask your question, please unmute your microphone and ask away.
Posting Comments and questions during Webinars
During Webinars (Opening Ceremony, Plenaries, Panel Discussions and the Closing Ceremony), we encourage all participants to share comments and questions using the Zoom ‘Q&A’ feature.
Presenters – How to Share your Screen
Presenters of live talks and posters will be asked to share their screen.
- Have your presentation slides or poster open on your computer.
- While in the Zoom room, select the “Share Screen” icon in the bottom menu.
- From the pop-up window, select the window with your presentation and share
If you are seeking further information on sharing options (e.g. set up your slides as a virtual background, share a portion of your screen, adjust audio settings), see this Zoom support page.
If you require technical support during your session, please send a direct message to ICPE TECH support.
If you are in a Breakout room and ICPE TECH support are in another room, you can select the “Ask for Help” button to call them to your Breakout room.
If your connection drops out or you experience any difficulties logging in to your session, email email@example.com, this inbox will be monitored throughout the conference.